Welcome to the North of England Rat Society (NERS)
The society was birthed in June 2001 by a diverse group of ratters who were keen to see a democratic rat club representing the interests of rat lovers in the North of England. The society, whilst serious about the rat as an exhibition animal, has always maintained a heavy bias towards the rat as a splendid companion animal. This is reflected in our constitution:
- To uphold and encourage the fancy rat as an excellent pet and exhibition animal.
- To safeguard the interests of the fancy rat, and support the rat fancy in general.
- To advocate and champion the highest quality of rat care.
- To advance safe and reputable breeding practices.
- To adopt and promote the NFRS 'standards of excellence', by which fancy rats should be judged.
- To encourage and maintain optimum practice in judging and show management.
- To provide help and support for rat keepers throughout the North of England and surrounding areas.
|Today our membership continues to grow, and as well as regular shows around the region we also produce a quarterly magazine which is packed full of informative and fun rat-related articles. Our shows are not just an event for people who want to exhibit fancy rats, but a warm and generous environment where all those who are enthralled by rats can gather to celebrate them, learn more about them and stock up on rat-related goodies from our shop. We provide catering, children's activities, fun events for the rats, a range of pet classes and a full variety schedule.
NERS founding member
|Find us on: